Launch of new trade body sets standards for umbrella companies and provides a clean solution to recruitment agencies and freelance contractors.
- a membership list of audited and certified employment umbrella companies a strict code of conduct underscoring the highest professional standards, with fully transparent rules and processes
- a true level playing field, eliminating confusion concerning expense allowances and dispensations
- a built in compliance support system to help identify and eradicate inappropriate activity and resolve complaints
- the kitemark for quality services from umbrella companies
- the association is a non profit making organisation
24th February 2010HMRC have recently issued a consultation in respect of travel and subsistence expense schemes and the arrangements for temporary workers paid at or near National Minimum Wage (NMW).
25th June 2009Response to conduct of employment agencies and employment businesses regulations 2003 consultation and impact assessment - march 2009.
30th April 2009HMRC Clampdown - Revenue to pour quarter of its £4bn budget into battle against tax evasion
Benefit to agencies and contractors
- Easy source of identifying suitable providers using the employment model
- removal of risk to agencies of employment claims, since all workers are employed by the umbrellas
- removal of payroll, working time and holiday pay issues from agencies
- avoidance of any 3rd party tax debt transfer under the MSC legislation, since all members have been checked to ensure that they operate as employers paying only by way of HMRC approved employment income
- suitable for addition to any recruiter's PSL
- a clean solution for freelance workers that may otherwise be affected by the MSC legislation
- an assurance that agencies hirers and freelance workers can rely upon